Coming Soon – I am recording my blogs in podcast format and will be attaching them to my blogs so that you have a choice whether you wish to read it or listen. I plan to start attaching podcasts to current blog in early November and will go back and slowly catch up from the past.
Hi brothers and sisters in Jesus! I don’t know about your area, but the fall leaves have been especially beautiful this year. I pray you are enjoying comfortable weather and have beautiful leaves to enjoy – or whatever your fall brings to your area. I enjoy traveling because I am in such awe of the differences God has placed in nature. The collective plants, animals, and landforms that make an area unique are a blessing.
Today, I am blogging about a future landscape that God has planned for us. But before we go there, let’s pray. 🙏 Father God, thank You for accepting our repentance and give us a heart of forgiveness toward others. We continue to praise You for leading us in the path of righteousness in the past and know that we can trust in You to continue leading us to salvation through Your Son Jesus. As we ponder the splendor of New Jerusalem, guide us into a Biblical understanding of the events that will take place after the 1000 year reign. Give us Your Holy Spirit to enlighten us, to revive us, and make us ready for the outpouring of Your Spirit – the Latter Rain. In Jesus precious name, Amen!
After the 1000 year reign of Jesus and the records of the lost have been review, we will have one more painful event to face. Then God will set up His kingdom on this earth. He will bring His seat of power (New Jerusalem) down to earth, recreate the surface of the earth, and we will dwell with Him forever and ever.
Jesus has promised us a special home in Heaven. “Do not let your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father’s house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you. If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also.” (John 14:1-3) In Revelation, John the Beloved is given a very detailed description of this home called New Jerusalem. Here is a list of descriptive verses:
- The city is laid out as a square, and its length is as great as the width; and he measured the city with the rod, fifteen hundred miles; its length and width and height are equal. (Revelation 21:16)
- And there will no longer be any night; and they will not have need of the light of a lamp nor the light of the sun, because the Lord God will illumine them; and they will reign forever and ever. (Revelation 22:5)
- Then he showed me a river of the water of life, clear as crystal, coming from the throne of God and of the Lamb, in the middle of its street. On either side of the river was the tree of life, bearing twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit every month; and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. (Revelation 22:1-2)
- And the wall of the city had twelve foundation stones, and on them were the twelve names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb. (Revelation 21:14)
- It had a great and high wall, with twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels; and names were written on the, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the sons of Israel. (Revelation 21:12)
- The wall was made of jasper, and the city of pure gold, as pure as glass. (Revelation 21:18)
- The twelve gates were twelve pearls, each gate made of a single pearl. (three gates on each side of the city) (Revelation 21:21)
- The foundations of the city walls were decorated with every kind of precious stone. The first foundation was jasper, the second sapphire, the third agate, the fourth emerald, the fifth onyx, the sixth ruby, the seventh chrysolite, the eighth beryl, the ninth topaz, the tenth turquoise, the eleventh jacinth, and the twelfth amethyst. (Revelation 21:19-20)
Pretty amazing! It will be dazzling to see. Scripture tells us the magnificent city will be brought down to this earth after the 1000 year reign of Jesus (The Millennium). “And he (God’s angel) carried me(John the Beloved) away in the Spirit to a mountain great and high, and showed me the Holy City, Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God.” (Revelation 21:10) In 2 Peter 3, Peter talks about the antediluvian world (prior to the flood), then the earth which existed in his time and ours, and then the world cleansed by fire that will destoy Satan, his angels and the wicked. This cleansing fire will remove all traces of evil from the face of the earth so that God can recreate a new biosphere inwhich the righteous will dwell. (2 Peter 3:6, 7, 13)
Next blog, I will be writing about the final battle of Armageddon. Until next time, take a look at Zechariah 14. In this chapter, Zechariah the prophet bounces back and forth between the historical destruction of Jerusalem, after Jesus’ ascention and the prophecy of New Jerusalem coming down from Heaven after the Millinium. I would say more on this chapter, but I am still working my way through it.
May our Lord and Savior cause you to hunger and thirst after righteousness. (Matthew 5:6)
Please hit the like button below if you enjoyed my blog. Share with family and friends. If you would like to subscribe to my site, please go to the Home Page and click the subscribe button at the bottom of the page. Thanks and God bless!